High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF)
IFPRI is participating in the 2018 High-Level Political Forum (HLPF), which is the main United Nations platform on sustainable development and it has a central role in the follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and theSustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the global level. The 2018 meeting will take place from Monday, 9 July, to Wednesday, 18 July 2018. The theme is “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies”.
The HLPF is also reviewing progress towards the SDGS and focusing in particular on:
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
IFPRI, the Permanent Representative of Canada to the United Nations, and the Permanent Representative of Jamaica to the United Nations will co-host a side event “Investing for Reshaping Food Systems” on Wednesday, July 11, 1:15 – 2:30pm EST and the following staff are participating:
- Shenggen Fan, Director General, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- Rajul Pandya-Lorch, Director of Communications and Public Affairs, and Chief of Staff in the Director General’s Office, IFPRI
“The Nexus of Climate-Water-Food-Energy: Cities as SDG Laboratories“.
Tuesday, July 17, 1:15 – 2:30pm EST
- Claudia Ringler, Deputy Director, Environment and Production Technology Division (EPTD), IFPRI