CFS 49 Side Event: Transforming food, land and water systems for sustainable healthy diets
06:45 pm > 08:15 pm
A virtual side event exploring science and innovations on the sustainability, health and equity of integrated food systems for people and planet.
Date: Monday, 11 October 2021
Time: 18:45-20:15 (UTC+8)
Equitable access to nutritious, safe, and culturally appropriate aquatic foods and terrestrial animal-source foods is key to making sustainable healthy diets a reality for all, especially vulnerable communities in low- and middle-income countries. However, their contributions to human nutrition and health and the environment are often left off in key food system policies, programs and schemes at the national and global levels.
This CFS 49 Side Event hosted by WorldFish, International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) and partners focused on the role of a holistic transformation of food, land and water systems towards healthy sustainable diets. Building on the recent 2021 UN Food Systems Summit, the panel shared strategies in line with the three new Summit coalitions and recommendations from the Committee on World Food Security (CFS).
- Shakuntala Thilsted, Global Lead, Nutrition & Public Health, WorldFish & UNFSS, Vice Chair, Action Track 4
- Lora Iannotti, Associate Professor, Public Health, Washington University
- Adeline Ufitinema, Food and Nutrition Specialist, The National Child Development Agency
- Julie Bissonnette, President, La Fédération de la Relève Agricole du Québec & Member, World Farmers Organization
- Arun Padiyar, Project Manager, Sustainable Aquaculture, WorldFish
- Jenn Gerard Lovewell, Chief Nutrition Officer, Real Good Fish
- Stineke Oenema, Executive Secretary, UN Nutrition
- Thin Lei Win, Specialist Correspondent, Thin Ink Newsletter