Agricultural and Food Systems Transformation for Better Food Security and Nutrition in Eurasia
Washington, DC, USA
Significant changes in Eurasia’s agri-food systems and regional trade in the 2000s have had major impacts on food and nutrition security.
This seminar will discuss recent developments in the political economy and food and nutrition security policies across six diverse countries in the region—Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan—and what the agri-food transformation means for future policy and research.
- Simeon Ehui, Director, Agriculture Global Practice, World Bank
- Johan Swinnen, Professor of Economics and Director of the LICOS Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance at the Catholic University of Leuven; Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for European Policy Studies, Brussels, Belgium
- Kamiljon Akramov, Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Artavazd Hakobyan, Senior Agricultural Economist, World Bank, Moscow, Russian Federation
- Katrina Kosec, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI
- Frank Place, Director, CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM)