3rd Global Conference of the Sustainable Food Systems Programme
On the road to the Food Systems Summit 2021, the virtual 3rd Global Conference of the Sustainable Food Systems Programme will discuss how to achieve #foodsystems transformation through inclusive multi-stakeholder collaboration.
Date: Wednesday-Thursday, 25 November 2020 – 3 December 2020
Time: 20:00-22:00 (UTC+8)
The 3rd global conference of the Sustainable Food Systems Programme will be a major milestone in the preparation of the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit, strengthening cohesion among major initiatives and leading actors in the area of food systems and recommending widely supported game-changing actions and implementation mechanisms to promote sustainable food systems.
On Thursday, 3 December 2020, catch WorldFish’s Shakuntala Thilsted, Research Program Leader for Value Chains and Nutrition, WordFish and Vice-Chair of the Action Track 4: Equitable Livelihoods leadership team.
Along with a panel of experts, she will be providing science-based recommendations on the range of actions that can advance food systems transformation within the priority areas identified in the outcome of the 2nd global conference, in contribution to the Action Tracks of the Food Systems Summit 2021; and recommendations that can help define the implementation mechanisms such recommended actions.
- Shakuntala Thilsted, Research Program Leader for Value Chains and Nutrition, WordFish
- Renato Alvarado, Minister of Agriculture and Livestock, Costa Rica
- Agnes Kalibata, UN SG’s Special Envoy for the Food Systems Summit
- Thanawat Tiensin, the Chair of the Committee on World Food Security (CFS)
- Elizabeth Mrema, Executive Secretary Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Maximo Torero, Chief Economist, FAO
- Jessica Fanzo, Bloomberg Distinguished Professor of Global Food & Agricultural Policy and Ethics, Johns Hopkins University
- Christophe Béné, Senior Policy Expert, CIAT
- Kisa Mfalila, Lead Specialist on Environment and Climate for Asia Pacific, IFAD
- Joao Campari, Food Global Lead, WWF
- Marion Jansen, Director, Trade and Agriculture Directorate, OECD
- André Nel, General Manager Sustainability, Pick n Pay
And more to come! Check out the list of confirmed speakers attending.
For more information, visit the 3rd Global Conference of the Sustainable Food Systems Programme official event page, conference brief, and join the conversation via @SFoodSystems on Twitter using #SustainableFoodSystems #SFSPConference.
We look forward to your active participation.