The System Management Board (“Board”) has two Standing Committees as follows:
1. Audit and Risk Committee (“ARC”)
The purpose of the ARC is to:
- Provide the Board with independent assurance of adequate internal audit capacity, system-wide governance, risk management and internal controls; and
- Provide oversight the financial management of Unrestricted Funding and research-program specific funding.
The approved terms of reference are available here
The ARC is comprised of up to five members who serve in their personal capacity in the interests of the CGIAR System as a whole:
Current serving CGIAR Center-affiliated members, for the term stated below or until such time as a successor is appointed:
- Nancy Andrews (Audit & Risk Committee Chair, Alliance of Bioversity International & CIAT), for an initial term until 30 April 2021.
- Hilary Wild (SMB member and Finance and Audit Committee Chair, ICARDA), for an initial term until 31 August 2021.
- Hong Kee Yong (Audit Committee Chair, WorldFish), until 31 December 2020.
One Independent member:
- Clarissa van Heerden, ARC Chair, until 31 August 2021 or until such time as her successor is appointed.
2. Strategic Impact, Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (“SIMEC”)
At their 8th meeting on 11-12 December 2017, the System Management Board agreed that the full Board will deliver on the purpose of the SIMEC, the Board’s second standing Committee as mandated by Article 9.11(b) of the Charter of the System Organization. That purpose is to review the research program evaluations, oversight of the strategic direction of the CGIAR System Organization and the efficiency, effectiveness and impact of the CGIAR Research according to a robust and rigorous results based management framework.