- Adopted by the Fund Council (Nov. 2, 2010) and the Consortium (Dec. 16, 2010)
- Guides the FC and the Consortium in their joint efforts to implement the SRF in an efficient and effective manner
Strategy and Results Framework (SRF) – SRF management update in progress
- Approved by the Consortium (February 15, 2011) and the ad hoc Funders Forum (April 7, 2011)
- Sets common goals, strategic objectives and results to be jointly achieved by the CGIAR Participants
- SRF Action Plan approved by Funders Forum (Nov. 2012)
- Each chapter is adopted by the Fund Council and the Consortium
- The common framework agreed between the Fund Council and the Consortium on all operational aspects that apply to funding and implementation of the SRF (including CRPs), regardless of funding source or implementing entity
|COMMON OPERATIONAL FRAMEWORK (COF)||Consortium Approval date||FC Approval date||Effective Date|
|Common Criteria for CRP Design and Assessment||May 23, 2010 (CB2)||Aug. 30, 2010||Aug. 30, 2010|
|CGIAR Non-Research System Costs Financing||Sept. 8, 2011 (CB6)||Nov. 8, 2011 (FC6)||Nov. 8, 2011|
|Glossary||May 5, 2011 (CB4)||April 5, 2011||April 5, 2011|
||June 14, 2013 (CB12)||Pending|
|CGIAR Investment Policy Guidelines||Oct. 3, 2013 (CB13)||Pending|
|Reporting templates from the Consortium to the Fund Council.||For year 2011||March 1, 2012 (CB7)||March 8, 2012 (FC7)||Reporting year 2011|
|For years2012 and 2013||N/A||March 2013||Reporting years 2012-2013|
|For year 2014||pending||pending|
|CGIAR Principles on the Management of Intellectual Assets||March 1, 2012 (CB7)||March 7, 2012||March 7, 2012|
|CGIAR Policy for Independent External Evaluation||Sept. 8, 2011 (CB6)||Nov. 9, 2011 (FC6)||Feb. 1, 2012|
Consortium-wide policies, guidelines and strategies (not part of the Common Operational Framework)
|CONSORTIUM POLICIES, GUIDELINES & STRATEGIES||Consortium Approval Date||Effective on||Endorsed by Centers as mandatory as at [Date]||% of Centers endorsement||mandatory for all Centers as of|
|Consortium level Monitoring Principles||May 5, 2011 (CB5)||Nov. 1, 2011||N/A*||N/A*||Nov. 1, 2011|
|Consortium level Gender Strategy(revised and approved by the CB in November 2011)||Sept. 8, 2011 (CB6)||Sept. 8, 2011||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CGIAR Branding Guidelines- revised in September 2014||May 23, 2012 (CB8)||May 23, 2012||N/A*||N/A*||May 23, 2012|
|CGIAR Consortium Good Governance (including Financial Governance & Certification Framework)||June 14, 2013 (CB12)||July 1, 2013||June 13, 2013||100%||July 1, 2013|
|Implementation Guidelines for the CGIAR Principles on the Management of Intellectual Assets||June 14, 2013 (CB12)||June 14, 2013||N/A*||N/A*||June 14, 2013|
|CGIAR Open Access and Data Management Policy||Oct. 2, 2013 (CB13)||Oct. 2, 2013||Nov. 20, 2013||100%||Nov. 20, 2013|
|CGIAR Open Access and Data Management Implementation Guidelines||July 23, 2014 (CO)||July 23, 2014||N/A||N/A||July 23, 2014|
|CGIAR Consortium Policy Adoption Process(formalized/revised and approved by the CB on March 20, 2014 (CB15))||June 14, 2013(CB12)||July 1, 2013||*N/A||N/A*||July 1, 2013|
|Shared Services in the CGIAR Consortium- A strategy||March 20, 2014 (CB15)||March 20, 2014||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Legal status of the CGIAR Consortium
- Signed and ratified by sovereign States (currently signed by eight countries: France, Hungary, Denmark, Benin, Uruguay, Morocco, Senegal and Colombia); 2 equally authentic versions: Eng. and Fr.
- Creates the International Organization; determines the rights and obligations of signatory States, as well as the legal status of the Consortium
- Includes the Consortium Constitution as an annex
- Attached as an annex to the Agreement establishing the Consortium as an International Organization
- Primary governing document of the Consortium; sets forth relationship between the Consortium and the Member Centers
Agreement regarding the headquarters of the CGIAR Consortium and its privileges and immunities on French territory
- Signed on March 4, 2013betweenthe CGIAR Consortium and the Government of the French Republic. Approved by the French Government on 18 June 2014 and became effective as of 31 July 2014
- Sets out the privileges and immunities granted to the Consortium by the French government
Rules of Fund, trustee and agreements governing relations with donors
- Form of which was adopted by the Fund Council (April 5, 2011)
- Agreement signed by Trustee and each Fund donor with regard to contributions to the CGIAR Fund
- Adopted by the Fund Council (Nov. 8, 2010) and amended on April 5, 2011
- Annex to Contribution Agreement signed by Trustee and each Fund donor
- Sets governance terms for the CGIAR Fund
- Adopted by the Fund Council as an annex to Contribution Agreement (April 5, 2011)
- Annex to Contribution Agreement signed by Trustee and each Fund donor
- Sets terms applicable to the Trustee
Performance and funding agreements
- Adopted by the Fund Council (April 5, 2011) and the Consortium (May 5, 2011)
- Agreement signed by the Fund Council and the Consortium
- Sets out the umbrella terms that govern the submission and approval of CRP proposals and the transfer and use of funds from the CGIAR Fund for implementation of CRPs
- Form adopted by the Fund Council (April 5, 2011) and the Consortium (May 5, 2011)
- Agreement signed by the Fund Council and the Consortium for each approved CRP
- Sets specific results-based terms applicable to the CRP; incorporates terms of CRP proposal (attached to CPA) and terms of Joint Agreement
Program Implementation Agreement (PIA) – downstream to JA and CPA
- Form adopted by Consortium (May 5, 2011) and approved by each Lead Center (May 5, 2011)
- Agreement signed by the Consortium and each Lead Center for each approved CRP for the use of funds from the CGIAR Fund to implement the CRP
- Includes flow-down requirements from JA and CPA
Program Participant Agreement (PPA) – downstream agreement to PIA
- 2 templates proposed by the Consortium (needs to be adapted to each CRP)
- Subcontract between a Lead Center and another Center or other CGIAR Participant for the implementation of a specific CRP
- Includes flow-down requirements from JA, CPA and PIA
- Form adopted by the Fund Council as annex to Contribution Agreement (April 5, 2011)
- Agreement signed by World Bank (Trustee) on behalf of Fund Donor and each Center receiving Window 3 funds
- Sets terms regarding the transfer of Window 3 funds to a Center
The Non-Research System Cost Financing paper was initially approved by the FC at its 3rd meeting in Washington DC Nov. 1-2, 2010 (cf. agenda item 7 FC3 minutes here). This revised version was approved by the FC on a no objection basis at its meeting on November 8, 2011 (cf. agenda item 4 FC6 minutes here).
 Initially approved by the CB on Dec. 16, 2010 and by the FC on Nov. 2, 2010.
Approved as an interim reporting template for reporting on 2011 work. Cf. agenda No. 13 of FC7 meeting minutes available here.
 Amendments were made to the 2011 reporting template and discussed between Consortium representatives and a reference group of donors and approved on a no objection basis by the FC in March 2013 for use for reporting on years 2012 and 2013.
A proposal to continue using the 2012-2013 reporting templates for year 2014 will be presented for approval by the CB and subsequently by the FC.
 Per Agenda item no. 14 of FC6 meeting summary available here.
*Policy approved by CB before 1 July 2013 therefore the 75% Center endorsement rule set out in the Policy Adoption Process does not apply.
Initially approved by the CB on Sept. 8, 2011 but a revised Consortium level Gender Strategy was approved by the CB in November 2011.
This was initially part of the GRCC’s recommendations endorsed by Centers on June 13, 2013 and approved by the CB on June 14, 2013. It was subsequently formalized into a policy document (and therefore slightly revised) and approved by the CB on March 20, 2014.