The mission of the CGIAR Consortium General Counsel is to further the strategic goals of the CGIAR Consortium by providing legal guidance and expertise in a broad range of fields.
- Managing all legal matters involving or affecting the CGIAR Consortium as an independent international organization, in order to ensure proper compliance and stewardship;
- Coordinating, in collaboration with CGIAR Consortium members, Consortium-wide positions, policies, and guidelines on key issues such as the management of intellectual assets, data management, biotech, etc., which are key to ensuring clarity for our stakeholders and greater consistency in the way we engage with our partners;
- Supporting a network of legal/intellectual property (IP) practitioners of CGIAR Consortium members in order to build capacity, leverage knowledge, and ensure effective and consistent IP management; and
- Ensuring visibility of outputs and raising awareness on legal/IP matters affecting CGIAR stakeholders.
IP management in CGIAR (docs)
- CGIAR Intellectual Assets (IA) Report for 2013
- Implementation Guidelines – For the CGIAR IA Principles on the Management of Intellectual Assets
- CGIAR Principles on the Management of Intellectual Assets
- Examples of restrictions to global access to maximize impact
- Explanatory note on the CGIAR IA Report
- The Intersection of Public Goods, Intellectual Property Rights, and Partnerships: Maximizing Impact for the Poor
- IP Management to Facilitate Sustained Impact of CRP Research